Territory and innovation for the new Vermentino di Gallura showcase.

“The project of the Vermentino di Gallura Consortium”.

For the Protection Consortium of Vermentino di Gallura Docg the pandemic was a difficult time, but one of innovation too. So, by targeting tourists, it changed summer season planning, with the launch of the website.
It will be an interactive showcase active from June to focus on the wine linked excellences of the territory. The project, in which 24 wineries from Gallura took part, will also contain information on the region. The aim is to promote Olbia and the history rich Gallura areas , and where Vermentino Docg has its roots. “We want to spotlight our terroir, and the producers with their wineries explains the president of the Consortium Daniela Pinna -, the wine tourist is someone who loves wine, culture, and who is interested in coming in the winter season. We must communicate to them that they can come to eat and sleep at wineries and that we can recommend places where they can play sports too. Gallura is something else, it’s not just Porto Cervo, he continues, so we have to talk to them about everything that makes up our region”. The new website was created by photographer Giuseppe Ortu from the Visionare agency, an interactive and innovative platform, to provide, amongst other things, a showcase for the member wineries.

“Working on its project was a crucial experience – highlights the photographer Giuseppe Ortu – to be aware of the diversity each company brings with it, and the vastness of the territory brought together under the sign of Vermentino”. In addition, in a particular section there will be photographs of the Vermentino from each winery paired with the dishes specially created by chef Giuseppe Barracu of the Il Mattacchione restaurant.

The aim is to find new parings for Vermentino Gallura. #We have chosen a specific path”, declares the president, Daniela Pinna, “ instead of looking like, we are sure that the key to success in the next few years will be the enhancement of its own specific characters. And we can count on wines that have unique features, unrepeatable in other areas “.

With the Vermentino di Gallura DOCG brand, about six million bottles a year are bottled, 2,500 hectares, and dozens of wineries are brought together for a market with a strong local pull (“70% of the market is in Sardinia and in the rest of Italy , the remaining 30% in Europe and the United States). “The Consortium opened a season of events, such as the Benvenuto Vermentino, organized with the Northern Sardinia Chamber of Commerce and Promocamera, promoted in collaboration with the Municipality of Olbia, which will probably return in the October. “The last edition took place in a digital version”, said Pinna, “but I remember with pleasure how many people flocked to the center of Olbia during last live edition two years ago. It is an event that will take place again in future, and it is ready to get bigger. I can say that this year, depending on the health situation, it will take place in October”.


Altri Post

Decanter praises Vermentino di Gallura

Decanter praises Vermentino di Gallura The prestigious sector magazine reviews Gallura wines: «fresh and elegant». Two pages entirely devoted to Vermentino di Gallura DOCG, praising